Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We’re looking for someone to join the Communications team as a strategic partner to develop internal communications that connect our employees to our mission and our values. This person will work with employees across the company to tell our story, show our progress and celebrate our community. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and people-oriented, and a skilled writer with exacting editorial standards. In this role, this person will have the opportunity to create, lead, and execute initiatives that will directly impact our business, people, and company culture at Aurora. You excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike, have the ability to summarize complex and different information, and develop creative formats and channels for delivering and distributing information.
Candidates should be strategic thinkers, strong communicators, and creative problem solvers. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and organization skills are critical. You must be passionate about the future of transportation, building companies, and great teams, and of course, telling great stories.
- Drive a content strategy that informs and engages employees throughout the organization connecting employees to our company strategy and priorities
- Work across Aurora to discover, curate, and share compelling stories about our company, our product, our technology, and our people
- Implement campaigns and initiatives, partnering with various teams to create and distribute content and communications using existing channels as well as developing new ones.
- Be familiar with and able to establish measurement approaches to understand and build engagement
- Be able to implement with little guidance overarching internal communications strategy, test new channels, and revamp existing ones. Identify opportunities to amplify content and news across various channels and outlets
- Keep your finger on the pulse of internal chatter, as well as local, industry and competitor news
- 5-7 years of hands-on communications, journalism, speech writing or related experience with a specific focus on internal communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A track record of delivering successful internal communications programs with measurable outcomes
- The ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives and narratives in partnership with teams across Aurora, and implement them in multiple formats including articles, video, podcasts, presentations, videos, and live events
- Experience working within an intranet
- Understand the unique needs of our business and teams (goals, products, tools, process) in order to produce an effective and relevant communication strategy
- Strong team player and creative thinker; ability to influence without authority
- Highly organized and self-motivated and a good partner to others
- Intellectually curious and inspired to try new ways of working
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
- 2021 Summer Internship - Government Relations Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - IT Support Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Sensor Characterization & Automation Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Technical Product/Program Manager (TPM), Simulation Mountain View, CA, US