Advancing 3D printing.
Senior Application Software Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, Carbon is committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to producing products with real-world applications.
With our cutting-edge technology, we are seeing customers innovate and manufacture parts with unmatched reliability, speed, and quality.
You’ll be joining a close-knit team, working with experts in 3D geometry, web technologies, cloud infrastructure, firmware, and everything in between. We’ve had fun team activities where we escape rooms (real and virtual), play games, and cook delicious food. We also have a variety of employee-started communities at Carbon: baking, bootcamp, yoga, gaming, book club, diversity groups, and many more that you can participate in, and maybe even start your own!
As a Senior Applications Engineer, you will help build our customer-facing software, primarily focusing on web applications that enable users to design, visualize, manipulate, and print digital models. These applications empower the user to innovate and fabricate products across a variety of industries.
Bonus points for ...
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
- Push the limits of browser performance to provide a great user experience. We render and process 3D models with millions of triangles using WebAssembly
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, product management, and designers to build user interfaces that delight our customers
- Own and drive projects end-to-end and influence technology and architectural decisions
- Mentor, educate, and support those around you, as well as be able to grow as a person and leader
- Familiarity with a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- Experience with HTTP, HTML, CSS and web security concepts
- Passion for building elegant user interfaces
- Strong communication, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Experience with graphics and Three.js
- Experience with databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with build systems like Webpack and Bazel
- Worked with other languages we use (C++, python)