Advancing 3D printing.
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. We pride ourselves in developing an environment where we all can teach, learn, and grow together.
Carbon is seeking a multi-faceted and motivated Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us design/build new groundbreaking additive manufacturing solutions. As a member of a tight-knit Engineering team, you'd contribute ideas and develop practical solutions to an evolving list of challenges. Your work will help ensure that we deliver great products and delight our customers while changing the world of additive manufacturing.
- Be part of the entire product life-cycle of the printer and accessories development programs.
- Working closely with our ME, EE, SW, Optics, Materials and other Systems Engineers through requirements analysis, design, prototyping, integration/ test and product release phases.
- Collaborate directly with cross functional teams to perform architecture analysis, specify system requirements, help implement designs, author system/sub-system test plans, configuration management and troubleshoot issues.
- Provide feedback and contribute in key design decisions based on the on-going findings from the system.
- Create and maintain documentation to enable effective knowledge transfer throughout the company.
- Collaborate with operations, product support and customer service teams to ensure infrastructure is in place to support company goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical degree.
- 7+ years of relevant experience managing electro-opto-mechanical systems and successful transition from concept to production.
- Experience authoring System Architecture documents, developing specifications for complex mechanical, electro-mechanical, optical/optomechanical/optoelectronic assemblies and/or capital equipment.
- Knowledge of precision optical/mechanical alignment tools and techniques preferred.
- Prior people management skills a plus.
Nice to have:
- Experience identifying, qualifying, and managing turnkey suppliers.
- Scripting and UI development expertise for automated alignment tools with motion control, sensors, and/or machine vision components.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/LabVIEW/Python preferred
- Experience in a production environment / comfort working with technicians on the manufacturing floor as well as in the lab.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills