Advancing 3D printing.
Sales Director, Dental - South East
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Carbon is a rapid growth Silicon Valley-based additive manufacturing company that’s revolutionizing how people design, engineer, make and deliver products. By combining advancements in hardware, software, and materials science, Carbon is creating a new category of industrial 3D manufacturing.
Reporting to the Head of Dental Sales, North America, the primary role of a Carbon Sales Director on the Dental team is to expand the Carbon platform into new dental laboratory accounts using a strategic and consultative sales approach. Sales Directors thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, performance-minded team environment. They represent and evangelize Carbon as trusted, consultative partners that help customers grow their business in smart ways.
Carbon has an all-inclusive subscription business model, rather than a one-time only sale. A successful selling effort requires in-depth knowledge of traditional and additive manufacturing methods within dental laboratories, the ability to build a strong justification for business transformation, and tenacity to navigate a complex capital equipment sales process.
Working from a home office in a state in the Southeast region of the US, this role requires approximately 50% travel.
- Achieve quarterly sales goal by selling new Carbon subscriptions utilizing an account-based strategic selling methodology to identify compelling events, business initiatives, decision criteria, quantifiable value and buyer roles in the decision process.
- Execute territory business plan leveraging data and analytics to optimize territory management and identify opportunities for growth.
- Stimulate market awareness, identify new opportunities and build an active sales funnel of qualified opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Establish technical competency in Carbon additive manufacturing and digital dental workflows.
- Build Carbon advocates (clinicians, technicians, and senior leadership) at each account.
- Act as a resource by staying up-to-date on current industry trends and advancements.
- Support selling efforts by attending industry events and trade shows.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience and consistent record of annual over-quota sales results in dental tech/capital equipment sales.
- Experience selling business solutions to dental laboratories with familiarity of traditional dental laboratory manufacturing processes and digital workflow.
- Energized by a complex and evangelist sales process advocating for change to a new technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Professional, patient and quick to listen when interacting with customers and teammates.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with a dynamic, growing company
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
- Ability to learn and comprehend highly technical information and in turn, educate customers.
- Strong organizational and detailed skills.Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, as well as Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Team player, positive attitude, growth mindset, integrity, accountability, adaptability, entrepreneurial, driven, results-oriented and ethical.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.