Advancing 3D printing.
Redwood Shores, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are seeking a material Formulation Technician to work in the Materials Team and assist in formulation, resin and materials characterization, resin stability, polymer synthesis, raw materials qualification, and process optimization. This person will help ensure that material manufacturing processes, raw materials, and products meet Carbon’s quality specifications. The successful candidate will follow established procedures for formulation, synthesis, and characterization and ensure that a high level of product quality and consistency is reached and maintained.
- Perform routine formulation and polymer synthesis to support the Materials Team, including raw material validation.
- Perform routine polymer, resin, and materials characterization.
- Perform short- and long-term stability testing of resins and materials.
- Keep thorough batch and characterization records.
- Assist with development of new characterization processes and SOP’s.
- Assist with root cause investigations and corrective and preventive action implementations.
- Safety conscience individual with excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment, handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project) and Adobe products.
- Experience working in a collaborative setting.
- An Associate Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Technology or an appropriate equivalent.
- Highly experienced candidates without a degree may also be considered.
- Previous experience as a Laboratory Technician.
- Experience in handling chemicals and liquid resins.
- Experience in polymer synthesis.
- Experience in material characterization, including mechanical or color characterization.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.