Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
The People Operations team at Clover Health consists of dedicated individuals that are excited about the opportunity to change healthcare and improve people's lives, which isn't an easy task! We provide guidance, support, and implement programs so that our teams have what they need to do their best work. It's a big job and we're lucky to be able to do it.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner to join our exceptional team and support our technology teams! You’ll be a champion of Clover Health’s culture and values, while partnering on the strategy and execution of people programs that empower Clover employees to innovate, scale, and grow. You will work to align business objectives with employees and management across functions throughout all of our offices while serving as a consultant to management on HR related topics. At Clover, this role acts as employee champion and change agent and will report to our Director, People & Culture.
As an HR Business Partner- Tech, you will:
Design and drive culture and your client groups (Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science, IT, Security, Config, and more):
- Understand the organization’s current state, future state, gaps and priorities to support teams in accomplishing their business goals.
- Analyze and review trends in our People Ops data (e.g. retention, survey data, etc) with peers/partners to develop strategic solutions, programs and policies aligned with improving Clover culture and business needs.
- Develop and drive change management initiatives within your client groups; assist and implement organization-wide change management.
- Model and provide day-to-day performance management guidance and coaching to people managers (generally line managers through directors) on skills such as their team’s career development, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Demonstrate strong foundational knowledge and engage in dialogues and programming related to diversity, equity, and inclusion; come with curiosity and desire to continue learning on an ongoing basis.
Design and drive people processes:
- Develop and document new and/or improve existing procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR team and Clover as a whole, and to improve employee experience; able to scale and operationalize insights to meet user customer needs.
- Consistently and proactively examine all people processes through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion when
- improving or developing procedures and people programs; partner with D&I as needed.
- Demonstrate required knowledge of processes managed by HR Generalist(s) to provide proper guidance for more complicated cases as needed (e.g. on-boarding, new hire orientation, off-boarding, terminations, LOAs)
- Develop and drive strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, calibrate, motivate, and retain Clover employees within your client groups; assist and implement in the same areas organization-wide.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain foundational knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 4 years experience in a fast paced, always agile environment.
- You have supported technology groups in the past (this is a must have).
- You are able to work hours that overlap enough to conduct meetings with our Hong Kong employees.
- You're knowledgeable on multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- You have strong interpersonal and coaching skills including excellent verbal and written communication.
- You have demonstrated the ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment and develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization.
- You are driven to find solutions that benefit both Cloverites and the business
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.