On-demand moving and storage with on-demand retrieval.
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We’re designing products that make some of life’s most stressful events a lot easier. Clutter customers arrive at moments of change—when we make moving or storing seamless, it can be an immense relief.
As a Product Designer at Clutter, you’ll help moving and storage customers discover, book, and manage useful services. You will also explore the internal tools in the hands of Clutter teammates, which help power a standout customer experience. We’re looking for a designer who is energized by variety, and enjoys projects with broad surface area.
Day to day, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with designers, product managers, engineers, and marketers on critical projects that span different product areas. You will expertly craft design solutions, and continually advocate for customer needs.
As an early member of the design team, you’ll also have an outsize influence on how design operates at Clutter, helping to create a culture of valuable critique and collaboration.
In this role, you will:
- Craft beautiful, usable flows that solve problems
- Carry ideas from concept through execution
- Create appropriate artifacts—from sketches, to wireframes, to finished mocks—to meet the challenge at hand
- Gather insights from primary user research to better understand our customers, and translate insights into product recommendations
- Leverage design systems to support rapid design and development, and make recommendations of how they can evolve
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years experience working in design
- A portfolio of strong web and mobile designs, demonstrating end-to-end product design
- Work that shows creative, user-centered solutions with solid visual design and brand execution
- An inspiring, engaging and clear communication style, with good written and ability to present
- Experience making sense of qualitative research findings and quantitative information to translate them into design recommendations
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional groups to ship great work as a team, through a collaborative design process
- Bonus points for animation, iconography, or design systems work
- Live in, or be willing to eventually relocate to, Los Angeles
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.