Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Engineer Manager, iOS
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
The TuneIn iOS app is at the center of our diverse set of web, mobile, and consumer electronics products, powering nearly 2 million active users a day. Users and content are brought together through our collection of APIs to provide great experiences for music, sports, news, and podcasts. We're adding a leader to our iOS team whose primary responsibility will be to the people on the iOS team, ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing impactful work, and generally having a great time at TuneIn. You will frequently work across the larger organization on different and challenging projects with cross-functional teams.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and nurture our iOS engineers, including iOS QA Automation and ensure that they are empowered to be productive, challenged and engaged
- Lead our iOS team to maintain and enhance our iOS apps, our timely releases and further increase our failure-free rate from our current 99.9%
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the iOS team is operating at a high velocity and always looking for opportunities to continuously improve and become better
- Lead by example and hold your teammates and yourself to high engineering standards by advocating a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Review and improve existing product, architecture, and coding patterns and develop and execute initiatives to improve overall customer experience and performance
- Lead and participate in architectural, design and product discussions with cross functional leaders across the organization to drive right decision-making for the long term success of our iOS apps that are in use by millions of users
- Be a touchpoint for technical inquiries from engineering leadership, product managers and customer support
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of foundation tickets, bugs and Product enhancements by gathering feedback from Stakeholders
- Ability to lead agile engineering teams, communicate flawlessly, and can take our unique engineering culture to new heights
- Have 8+ years of hands on development experience with 3+ years of hands on iOS development experience4+ years of engineering management experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Provide technical leadership in establishing best engineering practices, adopting new language and algorithmic patterns and paradigms
- Comfortable to roll up your sleeves and directly contribute to development efforts
- Real-world programming experience using Swift and Objective-C, you'll work with both
- Have experience tracking vital metrics to detect issues and trends early and mitigate risk
- Eagerness to share your ideas and openness to those of others
- Ability to work autonomously to drive clarity in ambiguous situations
- Exceptional communication skills and experience balancing competing priorities in a fair and transparent manner. Ability to navigate difficult conversations, both on your team and with stakeholders
- Experience working with streaming and/or ads technologies is a plus.
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.