Amplitude helps companies build better products.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Join us as we deliver innovative and creative solutions to our customers. We're looking for an Engagement Manager with experience executing customer implementations and is passionate about product analytics, problem solving, and excellent client service. You will have the opportunity to provide a significant impact on Amplitude and the success of our customers. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses a strong curiosity for "how things work". You are a solution- and execution-oriented individual with a dedication for getting things done.
As an Engagement Manager, you will:
- Own a critical phase of the customer lifecycle, implementation, and work with Customer Success team members to deliver great results.
- Be responsible for rapidly understanding each customer’s business requirements and driving them to realize quick time-to-value from their investment in Amplitude.
- Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing project schedules, managing issues/risks, and driving on-time execution with cross functional team members and stakeholders.
- Draw upon your comprehensive understanding of product analytics, Amplitude's vision, and relevant experience to guide customers in building solutions to further their product intelligence strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales to understand prospect’s business needs, scope project terms and draft statements of work.
- Proactively identify areas for business improvement and either suggest changes or roll up your sleeves and make the changes yourself.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- At least 5 years of client facing implementation and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated record of successfully managing enterprise accounts.
- 2+ years experience in project management for enterprise software deployments including scope management, issue mitigation and oversight of project timelines.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills.
- A consistent track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with the internal team and with all levels of the customer organization including project team members, executive sponsors & key stakeholders.
- Experience working with BI or analytics tools and understands product development processes and concepts.
- Excelled in a fast-paced startup environment and are independent and adaptable.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.