Amplitude helps companies build better products.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
This brand-new position within our Communications team presents the unique opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to own and lead communications at a high-growth, pre-IPO, software company. This highly visible role reports to the VP of Communications, requires regular interaction with executive leadership, and offers the long-term opportunity to scale a communications practice globally. Prospective candidates should be able to maintain a strong balance between strategy and execution.
As the Director of Communications, you will:
- Develop, own and execute measurable global Communications strategies that help fuel company hyper growth.
- Own all day-to-day public relations activities, including but not limited to: writing press releases, byline and content creation, executive thought leadership and external platform building, influencer relations, media relations and overall technology PR strategy.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization globally – including product, product marketing, field marketing, campaigns, partnerships, people operations, customer success, engineering and the executive team – to ensure that our story is cohesive and well understood by critical audiences.
- Work with customers to create strong, public third-party advocates for our technology.
- Manage a global agency infrastructure and budget.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Are a great writer and storyteller!
- Can make decisions and prioritize in a fast paced environment with some ambiguity.
- Have current, relevant media relationships that are well-maintained.
- Have experience in analytics, marketing technologies (MarTech), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), or product analytics.
- Are collaborative, hard-working and persuasive in championing a direction that helps advance our organizational objectives.
- Can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of digital communications and how all the program components (PR, social, editorial, thought leadership, etc.) fit together to create an integrated strategy.
- Lead by example and are not intimidated by regular face time with company leaders.
- Know how to work with customers to build, pitch and secure feature articles.
- Can develop PR narratives to land mainstream and product-level stories within the modern media landscape.
- Have social and internal communications experience (preferred, but not required).
- Are organized and results oriented.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude was built from the ground up as a holistic operating system for digital business. With product intelligence at the core, our system puts the power of digital customer insights directly into the hands of every digital experience owner spanning product management, engineering, marketing, data science and analytics, and the C-suite.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.