Amplitude helps companies build better products.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
The Commercial Counsel will play a key role on Amplitude’s legal team and will be responsible for supporting Amplitude’s global Enterprise and SMB team as well as structuring and negotiating a variety of inbound vendor agreements. You must have excellent business judgment and are comfortable balancing the legal risks and the business strategy. You will partner cross-functionally across the company and directly interface with our employees, customers and partners. You will support all aspects of the business.
As a Commercial Counsel, you will:
- Be primarily responsible for providing commercial legal support to Amplitude’s APAC, EMEA and SMB team
- Develop education, information, and training materials for the sales organization on relevant topics such as the contracting process, key contract issues, data privacy, and legal compliance in the sales and contracting processes
- Develop and implement efficiencies in the self-service and the commercial negotiation processes and contract lifecycle management in collaboration with sales and finance team leadership
- Structure, draft, and build processes for the negotiation of a broad range of inbound vendor/supplier agreements including software and SaaS, professional services and outsourcing, IT infrastructure, and marketing and advertising technology
- Develop and revise contract templates as necessary, based on changes in the product offerings, organization, and/or applicable law
- Work collaboratively across various stakeholder teams to improve efficiencies and advise and legal and business risk and mitigation strategies
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 4+ years of experience handling commercial contract negotiation with a mix of in-house and law firm experience
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar
- Proven drafting and negotiation skills
- Self-starter who can handle a fast-paced and informal start-up environment where there may be a good deal of ambiguity and a bit of controlled chaos
- Collaborative team player with no ego combined with ability to work independently
- You are a great communicator and you know how to talk and write like a human, not a lawyer
- Experience working at a B2B SaaS company
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.