Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Senior Software Engineer, Streaming (Ukraine)
Job Description / Skills Required
The Streaming Team is responsible for processing, transcoding, and distributing much of TuneIn’s exclusive audio content. We have built a highly-available distributed platform for streaming live audio at internet scale. Our stack is a modern architecture of containerized microservices written in Go running in a Kubernetes cluster using AWS infrastructure (with Lambdas, Cloudfront, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.). Our platform must support features such as dynamic ad insertion, dynamic content replacement, live rewind, and is designed to play streams 24/7 without interruption for maintenance or events such as node failures. We have a rich golang codebase of over 200K lines of code and a diverse problem set including real time streaming, distributed caching, large dataset processing, high availability and fault-tolerance.
What You'll Do
- You know how to build elastic, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on effective monitoring, strong documentation, and thorough test coverage
- You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of listeners, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience
- You thrive when learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions
- You believe that a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point
- You embrace DEVOPS philosophy and the use of infrastructure-as-code
- You exercise good technical judgement to foresee and identify potential issues
- You choose to mentor those around you and favor collaboration
- You stay calm under pressure and can handle production escalations effectively (our product is live 24/7!)
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years experience working with scalable and distributed backend systems
- Strong foundation in databases, SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience building backend services/microservices
- Experience designing APIs for use by multiple stakeholders
- Experience in Go or an Object Oriented language (C++, C#, Java, etc) is required
- Experience with AWS is desirable but not necessary
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker are desirable but not necessary
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.