Payment solution that simplifies the customer purchasing process.
Senior/Lead Engineer - Python
Job Description / Skills Required
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams working with python.
What you’ll get to do
- We work in small, highly collaborative agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers.
- At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation.
- We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Some of the technologies we use are: Python, Docker, Jenkins, DataDog, Kafka, AWS: Serverless, Lambda, EMR, RDS, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
Who you are
- An experienced engineer with strong software development experience in python as well as some or all of the above technologies we use
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm/Berlin city centre.Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm.
Do you code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look.
Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.