Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As a Software Engineer on our new Financial Crimes Engineering (FinCrimes) team, you will be building and owning the services and infrastructure that power our anti-money laundering and sanctions screening systems. Your work will keep bad actors out of Robinhood and out of the financial system. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Building, testing, and releasing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements.
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it
- Collaborating with our data and machine learning teams to analyze millions of transaction to identify abusive patterns.
- Integrating with third-party tools and systems where appropriate
- Contributing to open source projects
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding and experience working with open source frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Presto etc.
- Able to tackle sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results
- Intimate familiarity of Python or Go
- Prior experience of working on related problems
Technologies we use
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.