Brings your life's work together in one digital workspace for storing and sharing.
San Diego, CA, US
Bothell, WA, US
Austin, TX, US
About the Role
Are you passionate about Evernote and want to help educate & empower our customers? Are you looking to build word-of-mouth advocacy with creative encouragement & innovative programs? Do you believe customers should stay at the center of a successful business? If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role that connects you with some of Evernote’s most vocal and valuable customers, then we want to talk to you.
The Global Community Program Manager is responsible for inspiring and growing our community, the same community that fueled the Evernote movement, helping millions of people remember everything and accomplish anything. This role is designed to further expand the community’s reach, strengthen its voice, and prompt self-sustaining advocacy. We hope to encourage the world to come and learn from community experts, find like-minded people, share new ideas and explore innovative ways to achieve their goals.
Specifically, we’re seeking a community leader who:
- Helps customers succeed in achieving their goals through the free exchange of supportive, authentic advice, resources and training from community experts
- Creates and nurtures a continuous feedback loop that collects ideas and issues from members and shares them appropriately with internal teams to drive improvements to our products and services
- Increases customer loyalty and retention by keeping customers informed, supported and heard
- Connects customers with each other to share best practices & insights that drive product adoption, engagement & retention
What you’ll do
- Own and evolve the Community strategy, from programs to KPIs, resources to rewards and everything in between that drives meaningful and measurable value from (and for) the Community
- Recruit, activate, engage, and retain Evernote Community members in ways that ignite customer activism, gather first-hand customer feedback and build sustained momentum around the world
- Produce educational resources (including certification programs), training courses, promotions and content for ongoing engagement, activity and growth of the community
- Plan and execute certification programs that create measurable value for Evernote Certified Consultants, community members and the Evernote business
- Coordinate with product managers, marketing managers, regional leaders, customer success, and other stakeholders to help the community in their work and to develop effective communication loops for capturing and capitalizing on community feedback and insights
- Collaborate with international regional leaders to support localized subcommunities and address regional needs
- Manage daily operations of the Evernote global community through various channels (newsletters, webinars, Facebook, etc) and enable the community to help each other to answer questions, get inspired and find support.
- Monitor and regularly report on progress and KPIs, including program efficacy and business impact, while socializing the outcomes and impact across the company
What you’ve done
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in online community management.
- Direct experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building online forums, launching ambassador programs, creating event series. etc.)
- Skilled in growing a community to drive engagement and growth
- Conceived and successfully launched a curriculum, certification course or other educational programs, meeting the needs of both the community and the business
- Worked globally and have the ability to understand how to tailor experiences and content across the world.
- Experience working as a brand advocate as you will be representing the Evernote brand
- Found creative, compelling ways to link work done via customers or a community to the company’s bottom line and corporate goals
Who you are
- You are a people person. You love to engage, listen to others and are inspired by their stories.
- Well-written, well-spoken and comfortable in front of any audience
- Understand how to drive value from and measure impact of community programs
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively across the company to provide updates to the community
- Solutions oriented, you find problems that need solving and proactively enlist resources to find a resolution
- You are empathetic to the variety of community members’ needs, and can craft experiences to empower them and ensure they feel supported.
- Intuitively recognize the appropriate channels for communication, feedback or when it should be a one-to-one conversation
- An Evernote customer - you will be engaging with the most passionate and knowledgeable Evernote fans
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.