Join 23andMe in our mission is to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Software Engineer who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
You will define and design compelling new features, and contribute innovative solutions to challenging engineering problems to make those features real and performance at scale. You'll lead by example and share your product delivery wisdom, wit, and experience across the team. Join our growing Engineering team and enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from web and application development to genotype data processing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
About The Team (BKO)
Backoffice team supports end-to-end consumer sales of all products and services.
What you'll do
- Deliver secure, high-quality and testable code on time
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering teams on the strategic vision for our product roadmap
- Thoughtfully decompose functional and technical requirements into clean architectures and designs
- Design APIs for cloud applications
- Drive technical excellence through code and design reviews
- Evolve and improve existing backend systems to support our ambitious product roadmap
- Mentor other engineers and become an important part of the tapestry of our engineering culture
What you'll bring
- BS in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience
- Experience leading projects from planning phase to delivery
- Experience building financial application products (Order Management, Billing, E-commerce)
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- A team player attitude with comfortability operating in a highly collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Deep understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
Tools we use and teach:
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.