Social media software to centrally manage brands social media presences.
Senior Product Designer, Platform
Job Description / Skills Required
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, collaborative, and friendly culture? A diverse environment? Do you believe that users’ journey should be one holistic experience regardless of channels or devices? If these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Platform team who will help us design our product while keeping in mind the omnichannel user experience.
When you join our team, you’ll work with the designers, product managers, and software engineers. Your role will be to take part in the design process from problem-framing to building conceptual solutions and to help deliver experiences that benefit our customers and their business.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The world’s leading financial firms—including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab—rely on Hearsay’s SaaS platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant manner.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Conduct best practice audits, lead user research, gather and study analytics, carry on usability tests to feed the design process with synthesized report findings.
- Run design thinking workshops.
- Design iteratively, using personas, journey maps, flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Validate concepts with appropriate user testing methods.
- Work with cross-functional teams including other designers, software engineers, product managers, and go-to-market professionals to create one cohesive, consistent user experience - from discovery to delivery, and after release.
- Use and take part in the maintenance of the internal design system.
- Implement and improve design and feedback processes to help scale the team.
- Advocate and evangelize design tools, methodologies, and practices among non-designers.
- 4-6 years of experience designing and shipping digital products and systems
- In-depth knowledge of the tools and practices of HCD and UX.
- Experience in creating designs with one or more of the following programs or technologies – Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma.
- Comfortable participating in the product development process as an equal partner to Product Managers and Software Engineers.
- Humble but confident, with an understanding of how research, data, and instinct play into decision making.
- Proactive and have a sense of process ownership.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Natural interest in helping others achieve their goals.
- Excellent communication skills. In addition to your local team, you’ll be working with a team that is 9 time zones away.
It's a plus if you have:
- Background in working with or developing design systems.
- Trackable history designing Saas products.
- Experience working with or being part of an agile product development team.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.