Social media software to centrally manage brands social media presences.
Sales Development Representative (Remote Europe)
Job Description / Skills Required
Reporting into the New Logo Sales Team Leader, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help drive our growth into new accounts. This is an exciting role within a fast growing startup with proven market demand and sales. Hearsay Systems is a vibrant, successful, and young company looking to rapidly add new customers in new business verticals and regions within Financial Services. As an SDR, your goal will be to establish and initiate contact with key accounts, so no day will be the same. You will be collaborating with marketing and field sales executives to build sophisticated account profiles, analyze data and business metrics, qualify leads, engage prospective customers, and position our unique SaaS product to large enterprise companies with distributed sales forces and locations. (This role is only available to candidates in England, France, Spain and Hungary.)
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The world’s leading financial firms—including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab—rely on Hearsay’s SaaS platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant manner.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role
- Efficiently profile target accounts across multiple lines of business and functional roles.
- Connect with senior and mid-level executives using social media channels and cold calls.
- Analyze digital body language, engagement trends, and inbound lead activity to methodically engage the right customers and prospects.
- Profile accounts, adding contacts across key personas and maintaining clean and accurate data in Salesforce to ensure lead and opportunity data is accurate.
- Help develop and design email, social, and phone based campaigns to support and engage marketing-generated (inbound) leads (LinkedIn campaigns etc).
- Follow-up systematically on connections, tracking each interaction with Salesforce Advocate for Hearsay Social and the enterprise social networking movement.
- Update competitor information and help to profile new 'local' competitors.
- Work collaboratively on territory/account plans with Account Executives.
- Attend relevant dinners, meetings, and conferences to represent the company to customers.
- Articulate and outspoken in person, in writing, and on the phone.
- Curious and insightful about business drivers and priorities; genuinely interested in social media trends and practices.
- Previous software/SaaS sales or relevant experience is preferred.
- Prior sales prospecting experience.
- Experience in data management and business analysis.
- Experience using Salesforce, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Growth mindset and a “Get-things-done” attitude.