Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Our mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences. Every day we make good on that promise for millions of listeners (50MM monthly uniques) through our flagship mobile and web applications along with more than 200 connected devices and services. You'll work from our beautiful office in San Francisco, across the street from AT&T Park.
A Software Engineer on the iOS team will develop our flagship TuneIn Radio applications for iPhone and iPad. As a key member of the mobile team, you will work directly with senior engineering talent and business owners to shape product direction and bring new features to market.
About TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We abide by the following principles:
We make time for quality
We are agile and pragmatic
We keep it simple
We are data driven
We love getting better
The more verbose version is here: https://github.com/tunein/engineering/blob/master/Principles.md
We hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people whom we can envision being friends with and trusting. Our projects tend to be 1-2 engineers maximum, so trust and accountability is required for us to work. Trust also helps us keep processes & overhead to a minimum. So far, we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
· Review product specs and offer high-level architectural guidance.
· Create lightweight technical specifications and story estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
· Convert wireframes and/or high fidelity comps to robust yet simple, efficient and functional code.
· Recognize innovation opportunities and advocate for them.
· Evaluate, improve and optimize code.
· Make those around you better through mentoring and collaborative development.
· Excellent working knowledge of Objective-C. Additional experience with C++ ideal.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on development for iOS, preferably both iPhone and iPad interfaces.
· Experience working with HTTP web service APIs
· Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Flexible, resilient, and positive-minded
TuneIn delivers the world’s best listening experiences, enabling people to discover and follow the streaming audio that’s most important to them— from sports, to news, music, and talk.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, in the heart of the SOMA district, across from AT&T Park. We also have an office in Venice, CA with a full recording studio, where artists and personalities publish new content to the community every week.
We’re well-funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).