Platform for epigenetic sequencing
We are always looking for talented data scientists.
Cambridge Epigenetix has recently undergone a strategic review and as a result has now moved from being a research tools company to an epigenetic biomarker discovery and IVD development organisation through commercial partnerships. As such, we are seeking a Data Scientist who delivers insights into epigenomics experiments from internal and external clients.
In the first instance, the role will report into the Head of Data Science and line management may change at the Company’s discretion.
Working in the highly regulated environment of molecular biology IVD development and commercial partnerships; you enjoy working as part of a dynamic and fast-moving business. As the company expands into the clinical market, there are exciting opportunities to make an impact on human health and wellbeing.
This role requires a Data Scientist with a background in genomics, epigenomics, bioinformatics; with expertise within a commercial setting.
Experience and understanding of: regulatory genomics, epigenomics, EWAS/GWAS, and more general computational/statistical approaches in genetics and molecular biology would be highly advantageous.
You will be accomplished in making recommendations and following strategic briefs and instructions ensuring timely delivery with a keen eye for detail.
- Develop novel computational strategies and tools to interrogate and deliver meaning from epigenomics datasets
- Developing bioinformatics pipelines and tools
- Investigating new computational methodologies and technologies
- Benchmarking of computational methods
- Interacting with lab scientists and customers to reach analysis goals
- A minimum of 3-years experience in the application of Data Science within a commercial environment
- Experienced in the application of Computational/Statistical/Bioinformatics methods in genomics/epigenomics (e.g. Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing, Reduced Representation Bisulfite Sequencing, ChIP-seq and other NGS technologies, as well as data generated from array based assays)
- Programming maturity with an interest in programming practice in the unfix environment
Competence in at least two of Julia, Scientific Python, R, Perl, and willingness to learn others as required
- Commercially aware, collaborative, with experience of working with customers and key stakeholders
- Expertise in the following would be advantageous:
- Experience applying bioinformatics/informatics in clinical settings, or developing clinical bioinformatics applications/systems
- Experience in DNA and RNA methylation
- Experience in cloud computing
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with large biological datasets, data processing strategies and data technologies
- Interest/expertise in data visualisation and experience with D3 or other visualisation libraries
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java.
- Masters, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Work, or/and equivalent industry experience
Who Are We?
Cambridge Epigenetix (CEGX, www.cambridge-epigenetix.com) is a University of Cambridge spin-out company pioneering the development of novel and innovative technologies aimed at revolutionising the field of epigenetics research, unlocking the potential epigenetics as an indicator and influencer of disease, health and wellbeing. Headquartered at the Chesterford Research Park (www.chesterfordresearchpark.com); we have established strong academic and industrial relationships with leading epigenetics, sequencing and technology experts globally.
Cambridge Epigenetix is funded by Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, New Science Ventures and Syncona.
If you are passionate about science and ready to drive the epigenetics revolution then please apply using the form on this page or by sending your CV and details of your remuneration expectations clearly stating the following on the Subject line: Data Scientist Insight, Name Surname, Mobile No.
Cambridge Epigenetix offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and equity participation. Cambridge Epigenetix is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity throughout its workforce. Applications and resumes are considered for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or the presence of medical conditions or disabilities.