Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
TuneIn is actively looking to hire an experienced Managing Editor to curate and surface timely and relevant content to the TuneIn users. The ideal individual is experienced in setting editorial priorities and planning both short term and long term initiatives. The candidate should have experience working across different genres and building out an editorial organization.
This position works closely with the broader Content Partnerships leadership, Product, Content, Marketing, and Design teams across TuneIn. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong editorial, digital, content, and social experience, and the ability to develop and maintain solid external and internal partner relationships.
What You'll Do
● Outline editorial coverage for US and International markets
● Define the TuneIn voice while maintaining a balanced perspective in featuring and promotion of content
● Working with partner and original content, oversee the presentation of editorial coverage across the platform
● Lead editorial planning meetings and ensure coverage across all the TuneIn genres
● Contribute to the TuneIn blog and plan the content coverage in partnership with the Programming team lead
● Work cross functionally to balance editorial curation with sales, marketing, and company priorities
● 7+ years of editorial experience, at least 2 of those in an operational or managing editor role
● Experience coordinating across departments—editorial, business development, product, analytics, PR—in a high-pressure environment
● Comfort with managing multiple tasks at the same time
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● International experience a plus
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, podcasts, and audiobooks including original, live, and on-demand content — into one app, TuneIn lets people find what they love while we help them discover new things. Streaming audio across devices everywhere to more than 60 million monthly active users, TuneIn is dedicated to changing the way people listen. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices. TuneIn Premium lets subscribers listen to the NBA, NFL, MLB, over 75k audiobooks, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is located in San Francisco, in the heart of the SOMA district, across from AT&T Park, and we also have a vibrant, growing office in Venice, CA with a full recording studio, where artists and personalities publish new content to the community every week. We’re well-funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP