Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Looking for your next challenge? Come join us at TuneIn, the leading service for listening to music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, EPL) and news from around the world! With over 60 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by our talented, passionate and enthusiastic team dedicated to delivering the world’s best listening experiences.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to lead our accounting operations based in San Francisco; near Caltrain, BART and other transit. As part of the Corporate Controller’s team, the Accounting Manager will be integral to a growing accounting and finance team focused on building a world-class finance and accounting organization within our dynamic and thriving start-up/pre-IPO company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead our <5 days monthly close to ensure timely and accurate results are shared with our business partners and stakeholders Lead the external audit and tax return process
• Analyze monthly financial data, prepare financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations
• Develop and maintain accounting control procedures, policies and execute on our finance systems roadmap
• Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
How you succeed here:
• We are dedicated to delivering the world’s best listening experiences, thus a passion for digital media, live events and entertainment is a plus
• You excel in communication of all forms; you are as adept a listener as you are a speaker
• You develop and maintain strong working relationships inside and outside of your team
• You think, plan, and manage strategically, balancing technology and business demands, without losing sight of the important tactical details
• You grow our team and constantly work to make every individual better
• You embrace change and lead through it You have pride in your work, strive to document it well, and share your knowledge with others
• CPA certification and Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance 5 years of experience in Big4 public accounting and/or high-tech organization
• Strong technical insight with accounting principles, external reporting and internal controls Knowledge of ERP system such as Netsuite
• Knowledge of what it takes to scale - operationally, organizationally, and technically
• A deep technical network that you lean on for support and recruiting
• Dedication, drive, and a commitment to accuracy and integrity
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, in the heart of the SOMA district, across from AT&T Park. We also have a vibrant, growing office in Venice, CA with a full recording studio, where artists and personalities publish new content to the community every week. We’re well-funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners.