An alternative to traditional home security systems with affordable, do-it-yourself solutions.
Are you the “go-to” person when someone is having trouble with technology? Do you lend a helping hand with a smile when someone has reached their wits end trying to connect to wi-fi? Do you know anything about enterprise level networking? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we want to hear from you.
SimpliSafe is currently looking for a Jr. IT Support Specialist to help our One-Man show continue providing the best support to our business and employees on all things IT related.
Our Ideal candidate possesses…
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly when things come up.
- Strong Mac skills: know your way around the fringe features of a mac, be unafraid to work on the command line, and know multiple ways of solving a problem on a Mac.
- Fundamental understanding of networking, wifi, and servers: we want to hear about any and all hands-on experience you have here.
- The ability to maintain an even temperament 100% of the time: you must be cool & able to deliver under pressure, and always leave your users/customers happy.
- Collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT engineer, you should treat all end user’s problems with an eagerness to help.
- Willingness to pitch in, whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, ordering desk lamps, or building redundant email servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS) via Devops tools (i.e. Infrastructure as code - Ansible, Terraform, etc)
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
For extra credit...
- Strong networking knowledge, i.e. significant hands-on experience (enterprise-level networking experience = awesome)
- Recent server configuration/administration experience
- Extensive experience working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Linux experience, especially at the server level
- Strong Windows skills
- Experience configuring and using OAuth or SAML authentication