Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
The Associate Technical Product Manager will focus on product integration and support of TuneIn products on a broad range of distribution platforms, including home audio, gaming, TV, secondary mobile platforms and automotive. This team member will manage products through their development lifecycle, including initial business discussions, technical evaluation, wireframing, UI, engineering requirements, development, QA, launch, marketing and post launch customer support.
What You'll Do
- Manage products on home audio, gaming platforms, TV, secondary mobile platforms, automotive and more
- Problem-solve streaming support issues across supported devices
- Own release schedules and manage concurrent launches with multiple global partners
- Collaborate with internal engineering, business development, marketing, content, and QA
- Work closely with external engineering teams to achieve the building, testing and on-time release of high-quality products and new features
- Risk management, including the identification and management of risks, judgments about product quality, and managing resource allocation.
- Define, prioritize, track and manage bug backlogs and feature requirements for both new and existing products
- Oversee the localization of products including proper internationalization
- Update API documentation, best practices, and code samples.
- 0-2 years in tech and/or media
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to organize and participate in requirement and design brainstorming sessions
- Experience with consumer facing company
- Experience writing project specs, wireframes, test cases and technical documentation
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of internet and mobile trends
- Experience with music or audio sites/apps
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful API’s; HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Comfortable with command line / terminal use for problem solving
- Continually learn about new platforms and developing for those platforms
- Working capability with issue tracking systems (jira, basecamp, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a technical background
- Experience with various audio formats / codecs / protocols
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Familiarity with Basecamp
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, podcasts, and audiobooks — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.