Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Los Angeles, CA, US
The Public Relations Director will lead all aspects of TuneIn’s communication strategy and execution, in alignment with TuneIn’s overarching marketing strategy. She/he will work closely with the executive leadership team to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing narrative to help elevate TuneIn’s prominence in consumer press, technology/business trades and TuneIn’s four content verticals (sports, music, news and podcasts).
The ideal candidate is a seasoned communications leader with excellent media relations skills and a proven track record for pitching and landing media coverage for consumer technology/media brands in high-profile outlets. Experience working within media/entertainment or with brands where media/entertainment is integral to marketing efforts. Additionally, the candidate will have a deep understanding of consumer tech. We are open to this position being located in our San Francisco or Los Angeles office.
What You'll Do
· Proactively leverage listener/content insights to maintain and extend TuneIn’s thought leadership in the audio category.
· Drive TuneIn brand awareness, storytelling and trends.
· Development marketing narratives and a roadmap that leverages the assets and stories of TuneIn’s brand, product advances and content, listener and advertiser insights.
· Successfully raise TuneIn’s profile at major industry events and conferences and in major publications.
· Prep and pitch executive and senior leadership speaking engagements across the Executive leadership team.
· Manage speaking engagements by identifying and securing keynote and panel slots at major industry conferences.
· Maintain strong relationships within the sports, music and talk industry, keeping TuneIn top-of-mind.
· Deepen TuneIn’s relationships with top tier press covering the advertising/ media landscape (align with sales).
· Investor Relations: key partner of CFO to maintain a cohesive packaging of TuneIn’s value to investors and analysts.
· Crisis Communications: thorough response plans to address public issues affecting the company.
· Bring creative ideas to the table that capitalize on TuneIn’s leadership within live sports, music, news and podcasts in the ever-changing streaming and on-demand audio category. Implement and measure the success of public relations strategies. Manage day-to-day project timelines and PR deliverables working cross-functionally with internal and external teams.
· Frequently pitch media on behalf of TuneIn, to secure specific coverage across consumer, tech, business, trade, and broadcast outlets.
· 10+ years communications leadership experience - corporate communications, PR, external and internal communications BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
· Demonstrated mastery of both internal and external communication
· Proven track record in coordinating and executing successful PR campaigns
· Experience managing agencies and contractors with scalable processes to drive and measure results
· Solid business acumen and analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company
· Ideal candidate should have expertise in the digital content or streaming space
· Tech/Media/CE knowledge of tech scene and promote integrations and core associations across TuneIn’s deep integration partners
· Expert writing skills with ability to write in a variety of styles and media
· Passion for audio – regular consumer of audio content across sports, music, news, talk, podcasts and audiobooks.
· Demonstrates excellence in execution, aligns key stakeholders, highly collaborative with cross-functional partners and knows how to get desired stories told
· Insights driven, innovative; champions breakthrough ideas and initiative
· Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
· Additional experience in music, sports, the podcast industry, streaming audio and tech is a plus.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, podcasts, and audiobooks — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.