Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
TuneIn, the world’s largest audio network with more than 70 million monthly active users around the world, is currently seeking an Editorial Director, Branded Content. This is a full-time position based in Venice, CA and report to the Head of Music Partnerships & Branded Content.
Our mission is to partner with like-minded brands to conceive, develop, and publish compelling branded audio and video content on TuneIn and across a variety of formats and platforms.
The role will lead a small team in the creation of narrative focused, branded audio and video content for some of TuneIn’s biggest advertisers. The position focuses on the entire process from ideation through execution inclusive of: working with internal and external teams, writing story points, copy, and production, and overseeing the take-to-market strategy. This role will touch the entire lifespan of simultaneous branded content programs in various stages of completion. TuneIn is looking for a true, hands-on original content producer with executive producer chops if needed.
Typical projects will include artist interviews, containing original or exclusive music, captured at endemic experiential events. Episodic podcasts and associated branded social sizzle videos will be a consistent output of the team. The content will premier within the TuneIn platform on custom stations but may also be strategically distributed and syndicated off-platform.
This creative-first position will work with all relevant business units and key stakeholders throughout the projects’ lifecycle, remaining involved and providing oversight as well as getting their hands dirty through every stage. Position requires daily interface with internal brand stakeholders, heavy interaction with various departments throughout the company and frequent dialogue with external talent and associated representatives.
What You’ll Do
· Work closely with internal and external teams to create, develop, pitch and execute compelling custom branded audio and video content series for advertisers.
· Collaborate with Sales, Strategic Solutions, Content, and Marketing to craft content ideas that demonstrate a deep understanding of the brand partners’ objectives while complementing TuneIn’s brand.
· Ability to lead creative content discussions and balance editorial and client demands for the most positive listenership outcome.
· A thoughtful appreciation and understanding of the role branded content is able to play in an audio distribution platform; user-first mentality.
· Identify new content package ideas by staying on top of competitors’ and media outlets’ branded campaigns.
· Attend agency and client pitches and meetings with the Sales team to speak to custom opportunities.
· Collaborate and communicate with clients/brands during the production phase to ensure expectations are met.
· Collaborate and communicate with Head of Branded Content during all phases of each project.
· Utilize relationships and previous partnerships to bolster additional distribution and sales opportunities.
· Provide oversight of team members and projects with a willingness to write, record, shoot, edit and generally get hands dirty when bandwidth gets stretched.
Who You Are (Requirements)
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 4-6 years of experience as a creative producer/director of branded entertainment. Please include links/credits
· Passionate about and experienced in digital story telling, and a deep knowledge of the digital landscape is a must.
· Understanding TuneIn’s platform and its competitive advantage in the streaming and digital advertising space is a must.
· Full-scale production experience and creative direction, including creating scripts/treatments, providing input on content capture, and gathering/leading feedback on edits a must.
· Experience in producing podcasts and or original audio is a big plus.
· Showrunning and experiential content capture experience a must.
· Design chops, creative pitch and wrap deck building is a must.
· Off platform distribution strategies including experience with paid and unpaid social media is a big plus
· Candidate must be extremely organized, able to juggle many projects at once, and able to work deftly with both creative and business-minded personalities.
· Ideal candidate is positive, ambitious and a team player.
· Candidate can travel up to 20% of the time.
When applying, candidates must submit work samples/portfolios to be considered.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.