Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Here at TuneIn we pride ourselves on data-driven decision making, and the Analytics team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy.
Who You Are
You’re a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, sanity check analyses before drawing conclusions, and pay attention to the details of your data visualizations. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about TuneIn as we are.
What You'll Do
· Lead broad analytics projects core to TuneIn’s business by communicating insights and automating tools to share with teams across the organization
· Work cross-functionally with content, finance, marketing and engineering to creatively answer unstructured business questions and harness the predictive power of the results
· Think critically about experimental design and contribute to the statistical theory of the experiment framework to better evaluate results
· Identify opportunities to scale actionable learnings and make strategic recommendations in a time-bound delivery focused team environment
· BA/BS or graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
· 4+ years quantitative industry experience, ideally in the media streaming or mobile product space
· Superior SQL skills
· Experience with data visualization tools (Mode, Looker, Tableau) and at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/matplotlib, Stata, Matlab)
· A deep understanding of analytic bias, A/B testing, and experimental design
· Strong background in advanced statistics including regression, non parametrics, and predictive modeling
· Familiarity with econometrics and financial modeling a plus
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.