Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Los Angeles, CA, US
Discover why TuneIn is one of the few companies on Google Play to achieve over 100M installs + Top Developer + Editor's Choice. With a high user engagement, you are sure to make a significant impact!
Who You Are
As Staff Software Engineer, Android, you will develop our flagship TuneIn application for devices running the Android operating system. As a key member of the mobile team, you will work directly with business owners to shape product direction and bring new features to market.
You’ll own large components and projects, managing feature delivery from start to finish.
With responsibility for overall quality of code & product, you’re passionate about clean code, modern app architecture design and pride yourself in staying up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
Our Staff Engineer is a key part of our engineering council, and at the same level as our Engineering Manager (band 5). Read more about our engineering Job Bands:
Meet TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We make time for quality, we are agile and pragmatic, we keep it simple, we are data driven, and we love getting better. Check out our principals:
We regularly invest time in your future and support growth, and we show this in a number of ways—clear job responsibilities and expectations for your career path, freedom to move teams, Mission Teams to contribute more broadly, and our quarterly Discovery Days, whereby you spend time in the form of building innovative features, products, or approaches to problems ("hackathon" like); addressing nagging issues or problems that take time away from adding value to TuneIn; or simply learning a new technology.
What You'll Do
· Review product specs and offer high-level architectural guidance.
· Create lightweight technical specifications and story estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
· Convert wireframes and/or high-fidelity comps to robust, yet simple, efficient and functional code.
· You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
· Recognize innovation opportunities and advocate for them.
· Evaluate, improve and optimize code.
· Make those around you better through mentoring and collaborative development.
· Excellent working knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
· Minimum of 3 years hands-on development for Android, preferably both mobile and tablet interfaces.
· Experience working with HTTP web service APIs
· Flexible, resilient, and positive-minded
· Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications.
· You thrive when learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
· Track record of full life-cycle development responsibility, with reference applications on the market.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news, podcasts, and audiobooks — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.