A social game developer creating a series of free-to-play mobile games.
Data Scientist position available with Pocket Gems, Inc. in San Francisco, CA. Manipulate, model, and leverage large amounts of raw data to understand the value of players, assess the effectiveness of advertising, and estimate the impact of key marketing decisions. Perform sophisticated analysis that will inform decisions made, from game design to marketing to finance. Advise other teams and perform ad hoc analysis. Evaluate existing game economy models and propose iterations. Assess and make data-driven suggestions to fine-tune player experience. Build and automate marketing dashboards including financial models to track campaign performance in real time and project financial outcomes. Develop models to predict LTV and player churn.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or
related field and 1 year of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
1 year of experience in each of the following skills is required:
1. Building ARPU curves, Random Forest or GammaGamma-based LTV models
2. Time series analysis
3. Advanced SQL techniques including complex joins, string parsing, and partition by’s.
4. AB Testing, and causal inference;
5. Prototyping, and investigative analysis in R and Excel
6. Machine Learning Theories: Regressions, Decision Trees, Clustering, Neural Networks, Collaborative Filtering,
and Support Vector Machine;
7. Building and automating marketing dashboards including financial models to track campaign performance in real
time and project financial outcomes.