Analyzes aerial imagery to find actionable information.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Series C technology start-up in a Finance/Accounting role. You will work closely with our Controller. The Senior Accountant will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable and receivable, general accounting and budgeting.
This position is based in our Mountain View, CA office and reports to the Controller.
1. Responsible for accounts payable including but not limited to obtaining approvals, processing checks, scanning documents, reviewing employee expense and reimbursements, verifying compliance to policy, dealing with vendor relationships and obtaining and filing 1099’s
2. Tracking company credit card charges and matching and reconciling actual receipts to the statements
1. Responsible for accounts receivables including but not limited to obtaining customer billing records, creating invoices, and collecting/applying payments
2. Collecting sales taxes from customers and remitting payment
1. Balancing and reconciling bank accounts, fixed assets and other accounts as necessary
2. Responsible for the fixed assets ledger, including tagging and monitoring fixed assets and working with IT to track asset tags
3. Preparing and booking journal entries with proper support documentation
4. Assisting in the month end and quarter close process and developing automated spreadsheets
5. Maintaining accounting controls and making recommendations for changes to policies and procedures
6. Assisting with year-end audit, including assembling information and preparing schedules
1. Experience with accounting system implementation
2. Assist with setting up processes for approvals and customer invoicing
Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration preferred
Minimum 4-6 years of hands on general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable experience
Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and evolving environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Detailed oriented, highly organized, follow up on pending issues, very reliable , self-starter, meet deadlines
Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, including automating spreadsheets through use of formulas
Possess good judgment and common sense, multi-tasking, strong organizational and time management skills
Strong problem solving skills, research and resolution skills
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment including tight deadlines and stressful situations
Orbital Insight is a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
Backed by marquee investors such as GV (formerly Google Ventures), Sequoia Capital, In-Q-Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.