The world's social network for athletes.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About the Role
The Community Moderator is part of the Support department at Strava, which is responsible for handling inquiries and feedback from all Strava members. Our goal for the Community Moderator role is to engage the community in a dynamic conversation about the Strava product, to share helpful information, collect and encourage product feedback, and help curate new content. The Strava community is rapidly growing, and this role will be involved in research and projects to expand the community reach and explore new tools and resources to help us scale.
This role is centered around the Help and Community resources found on our Zendesk-hosted support site, as well as working across other channels such as Twitter, Facebook, forums and online discussion platforms. Along with daily moderation tasks, a key aspect of this role is working closely with many departments such as Marketing, Product and Engineering in order to communicate issues and feedback from the community, as well as investigate answers and solutions to share with the community.
- Good judgement in appropriately representing the “voice” of the company and handling sensitive topics in a public space.
- Proficiency in community platforms, tools and social media channels.
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- Comfortable creating technical and non-technical documentation.
- Excellent written communication, organization and cross-functional teamwork.
- Experience using GPS and Strava-compatible devices. Preferred experience with basic technical troubleshooting.
- Thrive by working independently, taking initiative, and demonstrating excellent follow through.
- Creative and innovative thinking with a passion for strategizing and finding solutions.
- Great time management skills and efficiency.
- Empathy for Strava members and a “make it happen” attitude.
- A strong passion to connect personally with Strava’s mission to motivate and entertain the global community of athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!