Where people build software.
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed with GitHub so they can build better software, together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Field Marketing Manager who will be responsible for building and executing successful field marketing programs with the Enterprise Sales team for US Federal and East Region. The Field Marketing Manager will partner with the East Region Sales Director to support revenue, pipeline and other goals of the region. They will collaborate closely with the marketing team to adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in region and communicate the field's needs back to corporate marketing.
- Develop and execute field marketing plans that supports East Region sales strategy. Provide guidance to sales about marketing tactics to achieve their goals
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of regional programs including GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings
- Create and execute account-based marketing strategies within designed framework aligning to sales needs and goals
- Work with Inside and Field sales teams to create and execute regional demand generation campaigns
- Ensure timely lead routing and follow up with local teams to track success metrics
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices
- Help drive and coordinate the creation of customer case studies, news stories, press releases, and event communications. Provide field feedback to corporate marketing
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators, or to public sector a plus
- Comfortable with 35%-50% travel in region