Where people build software.
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an Inside Solutions Engineer to provide pre- and post- sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base in Japan.
An Inside Solutions Engineer works with sales to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, marketing, social impact, diversity and other functional departments within the company.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Assist the sales team in initial qualification of new opportunities
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Providing remote demonstrations in conjunction with the sales team
- Assisting our channel partners with their sales opportunities via equivalent tasks to the above;
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
- Representing GitHub at marketing, social impact and diversity events.
- Contributing to internal documentation as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 1-3 years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, technical support, or software development; customer-facing experience a plus
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills in an environment where you need to be able to self-manage and work remotely
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in Japan.
- Native Japanese Speaker
- Fluent in English
- Experience working in or with medium to large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.