Cognitive training app.
This position is responsible for executing operational and financial audit activities with supervision from the Director, Internal Audit. The Internal Auditor will perform various internal audits within the company to determine compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations. As part of those projects, this position will be responsible for developing initial design flows and risk and control assessments, evaluating the adequacy of the design of controls and test the effectiveness of internal controls.
Superb analytical and communication skills, a first-rate ability to prioritize and high attention to detail as well as the drive to deliver excellence in every task are core values of the company and a principal characteristic required to be successful in this position.
This position will involve minimal, intermittent travel up to 4 times per year both within and outside of the United States.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and document internal audits with supervision in accordance with the IIA Professional Practice Standards
- Analyze and compile audit findings with supervision
- Develop reasonable risk based recommendations with supervision.
- Build and maintain positive business relationships to assist business owners.
- Keep abreast of the latest compliance and risk legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities pertaining to the company and its mission
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed
- Maintain a positive attitude and team environment
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Working toward a professional certification in Accounting or Internal Audit is a plus
- At least one year of internal audit experience
- Experience in performing SOX-related audits is a plus
- Experience in consumer lending/financial services industry preferred
- Intermediate skills with the following Microsoft products: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Access
- Experience with Archer GRC is a plus
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
- Solid understanding of internal auditing standards
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- An ability to understand general Internal Audit and Finance terminology
- Understanding of IT controls and vulnerabilities is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, with limited required direction
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as consistent demonstration of strong professional judgment
- Broad understanding of the products offered by the business and a familiarity with the processes used to deliver them
- An ability to review the processes in the broad context of the overall business, including an evaluation of risk/reward tradeoffs, and the ability to anticipate issues not yet of obvious direct impact