Education technology to empower learning.
Make it simple. Then make it simpler.
Clever is the fastest-growing product in K-12 education, depended on by over 300 software companies and over half of America's schools. These organizations depend on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 25 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task dead simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
- Define and own Clever's visual aesthetic.
- Design easy-to-use products and interfaces, by working collaboratively with product and engineering from prototype to pixel-perfect implementation.
- Create excellent designs across all of Clever's products and properties, maintaining a high bar for design excellence.
- Manage and mentor Clever’s small but mighty team of product designers.
- You have at least seven years of experience as a full-time designer.
- Your portfolio shows exceptional work building interfaces and communicating visually.
- You're a fluent creator - whether it's sketching a rough mockup or perfecting a final design in Photoshop.
- You're looking for a startup environment - iterating quickly, rolling up your sleeves, and being self-directed.
- You have deep awareness of the context and users you design for, and ask "why?" as often as "what?"
- You collaborate well with product managers, engineers, and other teammates.
- You’ve led a high-performing team of designers before.
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Catered lunch, daily
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- Unlimited Amazon.com credits for learning
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers