Dia&Co is the premier personal styling service for plus-size women. Try on clothes at home, keep what you like, return the rest.
Who We Are:
Dia&Co is the leading personalized styling service for women who wear sizes 14+. Our business meets a profound need, and we are on a mission to democratize fashion — not only by providing easy access to quality clothing, but also by building an inclusive community of women who use fashion to celebrate their bodies. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us.
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Senior Technical Designer is the technical expert for our Dia Brands ensuring that our designs are brought to life with one goal in mind—the fit of a garment that is best in class for our customer from the initial design through the fit and manufacturing process. You will bring the expertise for the fit of the garments, evaluation of the body shape and size relationship to each and every garment we create. You are responsible for creating production ready technical packages including grade rules and non-standard construction details for multiple categories within Dia Brand collections, as well as establishing block patterns to ensure size and fit consistency. You have an elevated sense of style and aesthetic with continual pulse on current and relevant market trends and emerging technology.
- Create technical spec packages including correct grade rules and non-standard construction details for multiple categories within collections
- Research direct competitors and aspirational brands for best in class fits across categories
- Support research and documentation of fit, sizing and construction at the style/category level for competitive deep-dive fittings
- Establish block patterns/spec standards to ensure size and fit consistency within product categories and evaluate as needed based on the customer feedback
- Lead fit session on live model with multiple business partners and share clear point of view on corrections needed
- Effectively communicate design’s fit intent, construction and workmanship issues to vendors for bulk production while maintaining Dia set standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations while maintaining design and fit intent
- Strive for continual improvement that drives product and process enhancements including templates used across technical design and design
- Track and manage workflow to ensure the seasonal deadlines are met for each delivery as per production calendar
- Technical education in garment fit, pattern making and construction with bachelor degree in apparel and/or minimum of 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge of total production timeline, factory flow and manufacturing process, fabrics, garment construction, specifications, fit and quality control
- Knowledge of grading and manufacturing methods with both domestic and international sourcing facilities
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively influence
- Experience with relevant computer software—PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Microsoft Office Suite
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed, post-series A startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)