An on-demand delivery service.
This is a key role on the Finance team as it builds best in class financial infrastructure and practices that will scale as the company grows. This role will require financial acumen and expert modelling skills to execute on the Finance team’s vision. The ideal candidate must combine financial and technical/analytical literacy with strong problem solving skills to build trust among the finance and business teams. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to grow professionally and have a front row seat to strategic and tactical decision making.
What you'll do
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, refine existing models, and break down complex models into components that consolidate
- Actionable Financial reporting – build corporate finance reports that support daily, weekly and monthly reporting cadences and review meetings that highlight key insights to facilitate decision making
- Build financial systems and process – support the building and implementation of financial systems and processes that help scale us from start-up to enterprise
- End-to-end analysis and reporting for key strategic projects - constantly improve visibility into performance of Company and business lines, iterate on forecasts and understand variance to actuals
- Innovate - we push the boundaries of traditional finance roles. Maintain a growth mindset and be ready to embrace new technical skills and challenges
- Special projects - new initiatives and opportunities always come up.
- Elite Excel skills - your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are able to build for all audiences. Best practices are second nature
- Basic SQL skills and/or capacity to ramp quickly - have the ability to identify, extract and manipulate large dataset to synthesize insights
- Strong Finance acumen, ability and experience to think about financial out comes and to ensure each dollar is spent wisely
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact
- Self-starter - you’ll need a scrappy and entrepreneurial mindset
- Attention to detail meets high output - we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
- 3 - 6 years in operational FP&A, strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking at either a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- SQL familiarity - the ability to directly pull and investigate our wealth of data will make you much more effective in this role
Nice to haves
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or supply-demand economics
- Experience working with accounting departments
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat