Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn, delivering the world's best listening experiences, is conducting a global search for a talented ArtDirector. The ideal candidate will have contributed to many marketing and advertising campaigns in support of 1.0 apps & services, established world-class Graphic Design languages/systems, and directed world-class design staff. The ideal candidate will also have had experience in Corporate Identity and Brand Systems. TuneIn is embarking on many new initiatives and this opportunity is a ground-floor opportunity. Your contribution will be a lasting one, with design that defines the future of TuneIn.
In our brand-new headquarters directly across from AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants in SOMA, you will create within a 25,000 sq ft. state-of-the-art modern and inspiring studio. You will work alongside the brightest in the Data Science, Marketing, Engineering and Recording Arts & Sciences fields as you help grow our design team to disrupt and redefine listening experiences - from Podcasts to LIVE Radio and more. This is the dawning of the age of the Audio Experience, and you will define it.
You'll collaborate with talented designers who have proper design educations from RIT, SCAD, Cal Poly SLO, and more. You'll work with former employees from many of your favorite design-led companies. Finally, TuneIn has studios in, and embraces the "Trifecta" - SF/LA/NY - and you'll have opportunities to travel between the three as business requires.
What You’ll Do
A Graphic Design & Creative Studio ArtDirector works with the Creative Director to generate fresh, aesthetic, and strategic design.
You'll be immersed in the worlds of Music, Sports, News and Podcasts. You'll be responsible for creating the visual and experiential thread that connects the four. You'll define visual signatures that make TuneIn recognizable world-wide. Essentially, you will define TuneIn's brand language.
What You Are (Qualifications)
· 6+ years professional experience
· BS or BA in a four year design program
· Competitive portfolio
· Recognized pro in Graphic Design, Brand and Marketing Communications
Scope of Work
Everything an individual designer would do, plus...
· Leads Marketing and Product Management in problem solving exercises through design
· Visits and coordinates with major platform partners on special engagements, as well as with content providers
Experience and Ability
· Demonstrates significant experience working across various product/domain spaces and a complete understanding of the business landscape
· Is recognized and sought-out as an expert by others
· Identifies and envisions holistic solutions across products and services in complex situations where no current solution may exist
· Has played a significant role in the development and delivery of new design style or significant innovation
· You drive design process and creative vision across TuneIn product teams when you participate.
· You help set organization goals and actively align cross-team efforts by proactively engaging team members, regardless of discipline.
· You are the keeper of our brand design language and defend its reason, purpose, and ensure its faithful implementation.
· You reimagine our brand design language and evolve it when appropriate.
· You present regularly in group forums including Town Halls and contribute externally to the design community (e.g. conference speaking, blogging, volunteering, etc.).
· You interview and recruit top talent to TuneIn.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news/talk and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We also have a vibrant, growing satellite offices in Los Angeles (Venice) and New York, NY. We’re venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC,