Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Scientific Researcher or Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for the discovery and validation of drug targets and the characterization and development of drug compounds to support our therapeutic programs. A strong background in immunology and hands-on experience in rodent in vivo studies of asthma, inflammation and autoimmunity are required. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, independent researchers with a passion for discovery and a solid track record of accomplishments.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development in allergic asthma, inflammation and autoimmunity
- Develop and validate new in vivo models
- Contribute to target evaluation and drug discovery program strategy
What you’ll bring
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related field
- Deep knowledge and expertise in immunology required
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with animal models of asthma, inflammation and autoimmunity
- Proven track record of accomplishments via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with antibody therapeutics
- Deep knowledge of rodent models of asthma including multiple sensitization protocols and measurement of lung functions
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has more than 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.search.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.