Where people build software.
GitHub seeks to empower developers everywhere. We believe software is a powerful way to change the world, and our job is to empower those who create software.
In order to fulfill this mission, GitHub is looking for an exceptional individual to help our marketing efforts by providing actionable insights from our data around product, users and marketing campaigns. You need to be technical, results-oriented, a great team player, and looking to change the world by empowering developers worldwide.
- Develop measurement strategies for complex (multi-channel) campaigns.
- Analyze demographic, firmographic and behavioral information to target the right users for relevant content.
- Create attribution strategies to understand proper customer acquisition cost (CAC) for a user or organization, and their customer lifetime value (CLTV).
- Strong understanding of the Demand Funnel stages and various metrics.
- Deep focus on uncovering customer insights that the business can apply as growth drivers.
- Helps in the development of customer and business models to support decisions.
- Develop stories from data; create compelling visualizations in Looker & D3.js to deliver the right message.
- Translate multiple data types into insights and marketing recommendations.
- Massage data as needed to glean deeper insights.
- Share a genuine passion in analytical excellence with your colleagues.
- 5+ years in an analytical development role.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing user behavior & marketing activities for a subscription business, ideally software-as-a-service.
- Experience with applied statistics, experimental design, and survey methodology, including: sampling approaches, statistical modeling, causal inference, time-series analysis, and data mining techniques.
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets in multi-method studies.
- Fluency in a statistical package such as R.
- Experience working with big data and distributed computation preferred (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc).
- Experience in data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, GoodData, etc.
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems like MailChimp, Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, and Hubspot.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Experience in marketing-specific analytics, measures, and ratios such as fractional online attribution, return on marketing investment, cost per lead, cost per acquisition, marketing campaign influence, and marketing forecasting.
- Full-stack experience leveraging RDBMS, Rails and JS frameworks highly desirable.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.