A social game developer creating a series of free-to-play mobile games.
Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Contract QA Analyst on our Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for testing an exciting game that will be released this year. You will work with team leadership to develop test plans for game features and content, and with the game team to provide feedback for ongoing designs and development. You also will help lead team and company-wide playtests to generate the feedback we need to improve our game.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop test plans and test strategies for game features and content
- Participate in playtests and give qualitative and quantitative feedback on the design and balance of the game
- Write tickets for bugs discovered
- Work with engineers, designers, and artists while features are still being concepted to ensure healthy designs that simplify testing
What You Bring to the QA Team:
- 1-2 years game/software development in a Quality Assurance role OR Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- Proficiency in multiplayer/competitive games: MOBA/RTS/FPS/RPG
- Demonstrable critical-thinking skills with the ability to influence everything from testing strategies to optimizing workflows
- Strong communication skills
- Persistence and proactivity
Extra Gems for:
- Mobile app development/testing experience
Please note: This role will start as a 6 month contract.