An online market that delivers groceries to homes throughout the Bay Area.
The Quality Control Packer supports the day-to-day functioning of Kitchen by ensuring the careful and correct pack and label of our amazing prepared meals food items for our customers, detailed, but not limited to, below. Ensure quality of tasks completed upon opening, mid-shift, and closing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure that all products are properly labeled, packed, weighed, and portioned. Ensure quality of processes and systems used related to packing from set-up to closing.
Ensure quality of records and inventory of all packed items
Performs all the generalized processes around:
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials.
- Seal containers or materials, according to our standards.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Load materials and products into staging area so they can be picked.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and material according to Weights and Measures standards.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Inventory management tasks.
- Maintain quality of service by following operational standards.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Previous food industry pick/pack experience.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to read and measure.
- Time management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- General understanding of how to use gmail / Google calendar or equivalent.
- General understanding of how to use spreadsheets such as Excel / Google Numbers.
- Ability to use warehousing software after training.
- Ability to use standard warehousing tools such as box cutters, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Understanding of units of measure such as ounces and pounds, pints, quarts, gallons, etc.
- Understanding of how to use digital scales & thermometers.
- Proficiency in spoken / written English.
- Personal work appropriate footwear for warehouse / cooler work.
- Some work duties may be performed in cold conditions.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.