About the team
Our mission is to make Evernote more developer-friendly and integrated with third-party products. We build strong relationships with our business partners and strive to provide our users the best experience through integrations we build ourselves. We create new ways for third parties to build integrations with us and make our interactions with third-party developers seamless and fun.
We're a creative team who enjoys tinkering with technologies and cares deeply about the quality of everything we're doing. We live by the 'less is more' principle, trying to come up with the most effective and meaningful solutions to the technical challenges that we're facing. We encourage independence and self-motivation; an ability to see a larger goal behind everyday tasks and consistently work towards reaching it.
What you'll do
- Design, build, test, and release changes to the Evernote product and API, and create great developer-friendly documentation
- Be curious about understanding how systems work
- Build for performance and reliability
- Help maintain Evernote SDKs and provide guidance to external developers on our discussion forums, Github, Stack Overflow
- See things how they should be, not just how they are, and do your best in eliminating technical debt
- Have fun by learning new technologies and third-party APIs, then bringing the best approaches back to our own API.
What you've done
- BS Degree in CS, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of software development experience
- You've worked independently in the past, making architectural and design choices, and owning a product through its entire lifecycle
- You've designed and documented APIs or SDKs
- Experience maintaining public Github projects and providing mentorship to developers is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform / Google App Engine is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.