Event marketplace for hosting, discovering and joining live experiences.
Head of Business Development
Job Description / Skills Required
Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco, CA to a global community of 700+ employees in over 12 countries. A major focus of our strategic plan has been an investment in the large opportunity across continental Europe, and specifically Germany and Austria.
Our goal is clear. We are the world’s leading ticketing and event technology platform and strive to be the preferred provider in Europe. Over the past two years, with a successful acquisition of ticketscript, strong organic growth and great talent joining, we are poised to seize this opportunity. Our Germany office is at the center of this endeavor, driving outstanding success.
Our growth plans for the German market are ambitious; For us, Germany is one of the most exciting markets in the world, and we see tremendous growth potential for Eventbrite. In addition, we have recently doubled our Business Development power in the region through our acquisition of ticketscript. This acquisition was a key step to accelerate growth in Germany, which we see as a core market. The opportunity is huge as we bring these two teams together, and we are looking for an experienced leader to take advantage of this potential.
As Head of Business Development, you will join and lead a dynamic team that drives our German Business Development practices. You will report into the Country Director for Germany, and work with her as well as with the Head of European Business Development, to build pipeline, fine-tune strategy, create and execute on business success metrics, and consistently push your team to beat targets.
You will manage a Berlin-based team of Business Development Managers and Business Development Representatives. As the team leader, you will own the overall success of the team. You will be responsible for driving performance, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective clients and develop action plans where necessary. You’ll be actively involved in the largest prospects of the team, guiding in the preparation of proposals, pitch presentations, and quotas. You will be responsible for reporting on the success of your team, and you will act as the liaison between the team and company leadership.
You will also manage the individual performance of the Business Development Managers and help grow their skill sets. By coaching on procedure, technique, and pipeline management, you will ensure career progression and job satisfaction for your team of Britelings.
THE SKILL SET
- A proven track record of closing deals from SMB to enterprise level
- Business Development success within the SaaS, Technology, or Ticketing sector
- 5+ years experience in a Business Development Leadership/Management role
- Knowledge of our main target markets music and registration / B2B events
- Experience in exceeding team and individual targets
- Experience in executing on metrics and quotas, with a track record of over-performance
- Analytical ability to understand and report weekly and monthly team performance to company leadership
- Excellent written, oral (German + English) and numeracy skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal and organisational abilities
- A deep network of relationships in the events or ticketing industry
- Experienced in working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and in influencing for local market needs effectively
- Experience working in a matrix organisation, influencing across functional and business unit lines
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality
- Team lunches and events
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours
- Allowances for commute, sports and wellness
- A family friendly environment
- Two office dogs and lots of fun
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.