Where people build software.
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way our customers use GitHub via third-party tools. We're looking for an experienced engineer to work with a dynamic and distributed group of engineers bringing GitHub experiences to whatever tools you rely on to create software.
The engineers in GitHub's Ecosystem organization build and support our API, user identity, and Marketplace. We serve over 250 million API queries per day and over 60% of our Organizations use an integration. The Integrations team is a unique set of engineers who create first-party integrations using our API to connect with a third-party application.
- Working with customers, business teams, and other specialists to craft focused, engaging integrations that help our customers
- Building on and providing feedback about the GitHub API
- Creatively coming up with integrations that can be expanded to become first-class API features for others to build with
- Monitor and maintain the deployment of these integrations from proof-of-concept to production scale with the support of our Infrastructure teams
- 3+ years building web applications at scale
- Experience with debugging, optimizing, and scaling Node.js in production environments
- Experience with Git, GitHub, relational databases, and job queues
- You love building useful products within a set of limitations
- You are adept at making trade-offs, cutting scope, and bringing an amazing, focused experience to our customers
- You are known for being a great communicator and have the ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- You have experience writing and deploying applications in TypeScript
- You have integrated with a multitude a public APIs in a variety of fields
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.