Job Description / Skills Required
Here at TuneIn we pride ourselves on data-driven decision making, and the Analytics team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy.
Who You Are
You’re a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, sanity check analyses before drawing conclusions, and pay attention to the details of your data visualizations. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about TuneIn as we are.
What You’ll Do
- Lead broad analytics projects core to TuneIn’s product by communicating insights and automating tools to share with teams across the organization
- Leverage user behavior and listening data to optimize the product development process
- Work closely with engineering to spec new data sources, diagnose data issues and become an in-house data expert
- Think critically about experimental design and contribute to the statistical theory of the experiment framework to better evaluate results
- BA/BS or graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years quantitative industry experience, ideally in the media streaming or mobile product space
- Superior SQL skills
- Experience with data visualization tools (Mode, Looker, Tableau) and at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/matplotlib, Stata, Matlab)
- A deep understanding of analytic bias, A/B testing and experimental designStrong background in advanced statistics including regression, non parametrics, and predictive modeling
- Familiarity with ETL best practices and machine learning methods is a plus
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, over 90,000 audiobooks and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.