Where people build software.
GitHub is looking for engineers to join our Data Infrastructure team. We are a team passionate about the availability, performance, and stability of the distributed data processing and storage engines that power data initiatives at GitHub. You are passionate about platforms and tools that process and store large datasets from gigabytes to petabytes. As a Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will help build, maintain and scale infrastructure and other systems to support our data teams.
The Data Infrastructure team is highly distributed and we thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. As a member of our team, you'll always be challenged to interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
- You will actively develop and maintain infrastructure through reusable code and tooling.
- You will use metrics and monitoring systems to ensure performance, scalability and stability.
- You will respond to the needs of users and of other developers at GitHub.
- You will cultivate the open source projects developed by GitHub and build things you are proud to share.
- You have experience with Hadoop and its components (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce).
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision-making and design choices.
- You have a deep understanding of monitoring, alerting, metrics, and automation.
- You can diagnose and resolve performance problems in complex software systems.
- You have strong written communication skills and are able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- You have built highly available systems at scale.
- You have used Git as a developer.
- You have made contributions to open source.
- You have worked with Hive, Presto or Spark.
- You have developed and scaled services in Go, Java and/or Ruby.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.