Where people build software.
GitHub is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Software Intelligence Systems (SIS) team. SIS owns the tooling, workflows, and production infrastructure for the Machine Learning and Semantic Code analysis teams. The services built by the SIS team helps power repository recommendations, security alerts, and semantic code analysis.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience building distributed systems and experience or interest in applying this to the machine learning infrastructure space.
Come join us as we leverage GitHub's unmatched dataset to build products that aid users in the development, discovery, and maintenance of software.
- Design and build highly-scalable and available services that expose machine learning products and semantic code analysis to the rest of the organization.
- Availability of our code, services, and infrastructure. This includes being part of a healthy pager rotation with a team focus on zero pages
- Design and implement infrastructure to empower and support the Machine Learning and Semantic Code teams.
- Experience building high-traffic distributed systems in Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with large-scale data processing.
- Experience working with a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building infrastructure for machine learning or data science.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization.
- Experience designing large, specialized database services.
- An understanding of machine learning and data science fundamentals.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.