Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with finance engineers and our financial operations team to build great systems and internal tools. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a Treasury Accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our integrated financial systems, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Help build and maintain the monthly close process; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules on a global basis.
- Play an integral role in designing Stripe’s systems and infrastructure to automate daily and monthly accounting and reporting.
- Help support operations in 25+ countries, 130+ currencies with fully automated and autonomous reporting systems.
- Assist in building out cash and treasury related processes and implement key internal controls. Reconcile and own all operating cash account reporting.
- Understand transfer pricing concepts, fund flows between entities, and other international transaction activity to build proper inter-company reconciliation and settlement processes.
- Drive audit readiness and compliance, including international statutory audit processes and reporting compliance.
- Partner with the business and work alongside the Finance, Legal, Tax, Product, Engineering, Compliance, and other teams to anticipate and support changing business requirements and new product introductions.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in - Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA strongly preferred).
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Experience in SQL, excellent Excel skills, and facility working with extremely large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Netsuite).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP (IFRS a plus).
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls. The ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- A builder’s mindset and a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom. You love creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.