Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
Technical writers make Stripe’s products easy to use and integrate by creating useful content for developers and everyday users. Our documentation must exemplify quality and instill trust.
Stripe cares deeply about developer productivity, both for our users and engineering employees. Our products and internal tools require innovation and creativity to create an excellent user experience and to increase developer velocity. We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
You’ll join the technical writing team to enable Stripe’s users and engineers to quickly ship reliable code, while minimizing cognitive overhead.
- Document new products, features, and APIs.
- Document standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers.
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable.
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis.
- Push Stripe and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Proficient in writing software documentation.
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious.
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Able to quickly iterate and improve.
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown.
- Conversant with Unix.
- Conversant with Git.
- A perpetual learner and teacher.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing about Ruby or another backend language like Go, Python, PHP, Node, or Java.
- Experience creating automated documentation tools.
- Experience with large information architecture projects.
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have.” It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV, LinkedIn, or website